Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Steam Cream Review

Steam Cream was the product that swayed my decision to buy the Latest in Beauty Advent Calendar (at half price admittedly)  The cute collectable tins caught my eye as well as the fact that they are all natural.  Here is the limited edidion tin I received:

 
The texture of this cream looks very thick - its appearance reminded me of tubs of Nivea that I used to use for moisturisation as a teen.  However, when I applied the Steam Cream I noticed that it almost had a watery texture to it, quickly disappearing into the skin.  I am guessing this is due to the steam 'injection' they give the cream?
The scent of this moisturiser is heavily lavendar based.  Fine for me as I like the relaxing scent of lavendar and it really does smell like the plant rather than an old fashioned synthetic scent.  However, for those who don't I should imagine this would be far too overpowering - like sticking your head in a lavendar bush!
 
Steam Cream seems to be working great for me whilst my skin is behaving.  However, I can imagine that if you were having any form of breakout or sensitivity this probably wouldn't be of much help.  Also, if you are looking for a miracle wrinkle removing product this won't produce any miracles.

At £12.95 for 75ml I thought this was pretty reasonable for a facial moisturiser.  However, it is supposed to be multi-use and if I was to use it solely as a body moisturiser I wouldn't be as impressed with the price.

Overall, I think Steam Cream is a perfectly good facial moisturiser for well balanced, calm skin and I will continue to use this for the time being.  The packaging is beautiful and so are the all natural ingredients.  However, I may need to switch over if I have any skin troubles after baby is born!

Are you a Steam Cream fan?  Or were you less than impressed?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lotty I just nominated you for a Liebster Blog award. <3 Jude

    http://judes-addiction.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of the reasons I purhased the calender too but was so disappointed to see it contains parabens. I didn't try it, sold it on my blog sale instead.
    xo

    ReplyDelete