Thursday, 18 April 2013

DIY L'Oreal Wild Ombré

I've been considering the ombré look for a while now and being on maternity leave seemed like the perfect opportunity to give it a go!

I chose the kit suitable for dark brown hair. They suggest applying the lightener from between your ears and chin. However, I started at my chin as I wasn't sure a lighter shade would look great next to my skin tone. I left it on for 30 minutes - half way between the min and max times as I was terrified of turning platinum blonde!

As you can see the resulting colour is definitely not blonde. More of a light coppery brown. This actually probably suits me better than blonde but is bordering on ginger!

The other problem is its difficult to achieve a graduated effect. In places the line is quite harsh.

What do you think? Have you tried the ombré trend? Do you think I should go back to my natural colour?

2 comments:

  1. I like it :) I prefer when it isn't bright blonde. If you want to avoid the harsh line take your hair into sections and backcomb it slightly before adding the colour. I would ditch the brush that comes with the kit and use a regular tint brush.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - that's a great tip! :) It's growing on me now but def looks better when I wear my hair curly as the line isn't so obvious.

      x

      Delete