Friday, 26 April 2013

Mini Selfridges Haul

Some of you may know I had two horrendous experiences with Selfridges just before Christmas. Firstly, I purchased their infamous 'unlucky bag' and secondly the Origins Christmas presents I ordered 5 weeks late AFTER Christmas!

By way of apology I received a £25 voucher which I was very pleased with :) However, it's actually quite hard to pick something in this price range from Selfridges! Especially with their hefty £4.95 delivery charge.

Eventually I settled for a 30ml MAC Strobe Cream and an Archpelago Paramour travel candle.

I've been wanting a liquid highlighter for a while and is heard good things about the MAC Strobe Cream. The 30ml size is perfect as I can never imagine using this all up. There is a full size available but apparently the packaging is harder so you waste some of the product. MAC Strobe Cream has a lovely pearly finish with purple undertones. I like to use it to highlight brow bones, cheek bones and my Cupid's bow. I know lots of other people like to mix it with full coverage foundations too to lighten them.

I chose the Archipelago candle as I'm a sucker for scented candles and the Paramour fragrance sounded yummy to me - pomegranate, papaya and mango. It also appealed as it apparently has 55 hours of burn time for only £8.50! Archipelago candles are soy wax candles which are supposed to burn more cleanly and efficiently. This is where I was disappointed. My candle smokes like mad! I've tried trimming the wick but this hasn't solved it. Maybe I got a duff one? Anyway, it's a shame as it throws a beautiful scent.

Overall I'm pleased with my little freebies and delivery from Selfridges was good this time. However, I'm still not sure i will continue to shop online there!

2 comments:

  1. The candle looks lovely - jealous!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post !
    I have nominated you for the versatile blogger ward go take a peep on to my blog for all the information :)
    http://sarahharrisonn.blogspot.co.uk/
    sarah xx

    ReplyDelete